Starting today, all Instagram users can refrain from displaying likes and views on their own picture and video postings. And if you really want a completely “likes-free” experience, the app now lets you hide the likes and display counters for all the posts in your timeline.
Instagram considered removing public people count from the app entirely when testing these new features. The Company says It was chosen to make Likes optional for users who prefer to focus on the photos and videos being shared rather than how many Likes posts will be received while maintaining functionality.
Removing public likes counts for all posts wouldn’t make much sense anyway – Instagram likes are an important metric of audience engagement with brands and influencers. That said, likes can also be a distraction; Not everyone who uses Instagram wants to build a large following, and the option to turn it off is great for those who prefer to focus on sharing and browsing posts without being affected by analytics and popularity.
How to hide views and likes on your own Instagram posts
While there is currently no way by default to hide likes and views for all of your posts, you can simply deactivate (or reactivate) the likes counter for new or existing posts. This prevents other users from seeing how many likes a post is getting. However, you will still receive notifications when the post is liked.
G / O Media can receive a commission
Hide likes on a new Instagram post
- Start a new post.
- Tap “Advanced settings” at the bottom of the final edit screen where you add the post’s caption.
- Activate “Hide likes and view count for this post.”
- Return to the editing screen and tap the check mark to start creating your post.
Hide likes on existing Instagram posts
- Go to your Instagram profile and open a post.
- At the top right, tap the three-dot icon and select “Hide like Graf.”
- Repeat this process for each post you want to hide likes on. You can turn this feature on or off at any time after posting.
Here’s how to prevent likes and view counts from showing up on other people’s Instagram posts
- Go to your Instagram profile too Settings> Posts.
- Switch “Likes” and “Ads Counts”. “
- You will no longer see likes / views in posts in your timeline (note: this does not affect whether others can see the likes / views in your own posts).