Photo: Panthere Noire (Shutterstock)
Since its inception, Amazon Echo has had a female title voice that has become the identity we all associate with the voice assistant. After all these years, Amazon is finally letting users try out a new, male voice. Plus, you can even try out celebrity voices like Samuel L. Jackson, Shaquille O’Neal, and Melissa McCarthy (but that comes with a $ 5 fee).
You can control the voice with the Echo device itself or with the companion Alexa app for. to change iPhone and Android (It is more reliable to do this with the app).
How to change Alexa’s voice on Echo devices
You can change Alexa’s voice or directly from an Amazon Echo Echo show Equipment. Just say, “Alexa, change your voice”. If you have more than one device, Alexa will ask you to specify a device.
Alexa then replies with the new voice (there is only one new voice, so no selection menu). If you want to switch to it permanently, just confirm with your voice.
If your Amazon Echo doesn’t support this feature, Alexa will say something like “Sorry, your device doesn’t support this”. If you have multiple devices, repeat this process to change the voice on all of your devices.
G / O Media can receive a commission
How to change Alexa’s voice using the iPhone or Android app
You can also change the voice using the Alexa app for iOS and Android.
- Open the Alexa app and go to “equipment”Tab.
- Choose “Echo & Alexa”Button in the upper left corner.
- Select the device on which you want to change the voice.
- Tap the settings (Gear icon) in the upper right corner.
- Select the “Alexa’s voice“Option and switch to the”New”Option to activate the new male voice.
How to switch to a celebrity voice
You can also try a celebrity voice on Amazon Echo. These voices won’t answer all of your questions, but they are designed to answer selected questions like alarm clocks, timers, jokes, and weather reports. Each celebrity vote is $ 5, and at the time of writing, you can choose between Samuel L. Jackson, Shaquille O’Neal, and Melissa McCarthy.
- Start with something like “Alexa introduce me!” [celebrity name]. “
- Alexa switches to the celebrity’s voice and walks you through all the things she can do. It will also ask you if you want to buy the voice.
- After confirmation, you will need to process the payment through your Amazon account.
- Now that the voice of the stars is activated, you can wake up Alexa by saying “Hey [celebrity name]”(Like” Hey, Melissa “). When you use the phrase “Hey Alexa,” you get the normal voice.