Photo: Dodotone (Shutterstock)
At first glance, barbecuing may seem simple: Cooking food over a fire? People have been doing this for ages. But as anyone who has ever eaten extremely dry grilled chicken or an overcooked steak knows, it also takes a little skill. If you don’t currently have that, you might be interested in a vacation job that pays you $ 10,000 to learn how to grill. Here’s what you should know.
What the job entails
Reynolds usually seeks a grill master to test products and recipes during the summer months. But this year they’re going in a different direction, and looking for a beginner who had their share in barbecue disasters.
In particular, Reynolds is looking for someone who is passionate, determined to improve their grilling skills, and willing to share their funniest, most memorable #GrillFail with the company. The selected person will:
- Take part in a one-on-one virtual grilling lesson with Steven Raichlen, “Americas Master Griller” and author of more than 30 books
- Document your path to becoming a grill master in a blog post for ReynoldsBrands.com
- Allow Reynolds to share their barbecue activities on ReynoldsBrands.com and in social posts shared on Reynolds Brands social channels
G / O Media can receive a commission
In addition to the barbecue hour, the successful candidate receives:
- A $ 10,000 grant to equip them with barbecue tools
- Lots of Reynolds wrap
How to apply
To apply, United States residents aged 18 and over must submit:
- A photo of your biggest #GrillFail or your most “barbecue-intimidated” pose
- The Story Behind Your Grill Failure And Why You Deserve The Coveted Reynolds Wrap® Rookie Griller Title (Limited To 250 Words)
Please include your age, city, and state along with the information above and email the materials to RookieGriller@ReynoldsGrill.com. Applications must be received by June 18, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. EST. For more information, see Read the rules, terms and conditions here.