Photo: Gary C. Tognoni (Shutterstock)
The events of last year have made many people rethink how they want to spend the rest of their lives. Not everyone has the opportunity to start over or train themselves for a new career for a variety of reasons, but a California vineyard offers a person the opportunity to do just that. Here’s what you should know about that dream job.
What the job entails
The The year-round position is at the Murphy Goode Winery in Sonoma, California. The winemaker is shaded for the first three months Dave Ready Jr. to learn about the many aspects of a harvest. After that, you’ll work with the winery to find the aspect of the business you want to learn the most about and spend the rest of the year focusing on it.
Other possible responsibilities and duties of the apprentice vintner are:
- Support in the operation of wineries
- Get to know e-commerce
- Help build the Murphy-Goode Winery brand
- Building strong working relationships between the functions of the winery
- Providing hospitality to retailers and consumers by contributing to a positive winery experience
- Effectively promote Murphy Goode wines through a variety of channels and events
In addition to learning how to make wine, the successful applicant will receive:
- A salary of $ 120,000 for the year
- One year of free rental in Sonoma, California
- 30 cases of wine
How do I apply?
To apply for this position, you must be at least 21 years old, legally resident in the United States and / or eligible to work in the United States, and be able to lift at least 50 pounds. You can access the full job description and requirements here.
G / O Media can receive a commission
The main part of the application is to create a video explaining why you are well suited for the job. You can upload the video and Fill out the application form here. Applications must be received by June 30, 2021.